Click here for Blogs starting with current blog- Vaccination against Covid-19 – one for all and all for one?
Humans find sharing resources difficult. To protect against Covid-19 a global vaccination approach is required. The roll-out of vaccine has been very uneven with many African, Asian and South American countries having little capacity to cope alone. The COVAX scheme exists to deliver Covid vaccines to poorer countries but will it receive sufficient backing?
To go direct to a specific earlier blog , click on the underlined title in the list below.
Previous blogs have fallen into three categories. The first set has been about making the most of the extra time available during lockdown for looking at the environment around us and reflecting on our lives. These comprise:
“Bubbles and reflections” is about how public gardens can play an important role in our well being during the Covid-19 pandemic, particularly for those with no garden.
- New Year’s resolutions and 2021 solutions is about making resolutions. During the past few months we have had time for reflection and an opportunity to make fresh resolutions and to try embarking on new activities.
- Christmas dilemmas but lights on the horizon explores the decision whether to spend Christmas in isolation or to travel to see friends and family and considers what rays of hope are on the horizon.
- Seasons of sighs and mournful wistfulness – autumn is a mellow season with the wonderful colours of the trees and the abundance of fruit. At the end of the summer, as the days shorten and the leave start falling, it is a good time for reflection.
- Stones and the passage of time is about how structures of stone not only provide a place to live, a fortification or a place of worship but also enrich lives.
- White swans and black birds – the enjoyment and solace gained by the blackbird in our garden and the swans at the pond we pass on one of our walks.
- Phases of the moon – time to observe the world and the night sky around us over a lunar month.
- Paths and destinations – reflections on life choices and complexities as we entered lockdown.
- Caribbean escape – gentle musings in the first weeks of isolation and dreaming in the bath.
The second category is more about the politics and effects of lockdown restrictions on our lives. These comprise:
- Emergence is about coming out of lockdown with different road maps for Scotland and England . It touches on the feelings of emerging from isolation after such a long time.
- The two faces of politics – the political storm and public anger over Dominic Cumming’s trip to Durham.
- Touching distance – the ways in which social distancing have affected us and the debate on what distance is a safe distance.
The third is about US politics before and after the US election
- Political earthquake in Washington shakes the world reflects on the frenzied weeks since January 6th when a “Save America Rally” was addressed by Donald Trump and rioters marched down Pennsylvania Avenue and broke into the Capitol building in an attempt to prevent ratification of Joe Biden’ s Presidential victory.
- Trump card – winner of loser is about the aftermath of the November 2020 US election and represents a view from the UK on the issues surrounding it. This election provided drama and controversy.
Shortly I hope to add some pages devoted to outdoor photography.